Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Whoopie Pies




A few weeks ago Food Day had an article about whoopie pies. Supposedly these are the new thing, and cupcakes are on their way out....so the article says. I loved the picture on the cover of Food Day (and the recipes that went along with article sounded delicious), so I decided to give them a try. Kelsey and I made them for McKenzie's softball party. They were just like the tops of cupcakes and were very easy to frost. They turned out delicous, too, but next time I will put more frosting between the pies and buy sprinkles rather than using the colored sugars. I like the taste of the sugars better, but the sprinkles look better, don't you think?

2 comments:

Amy Guse said...

Did you use chocolate frosting? I bet they were delicious!! I think they look very cute!

M Wehr said...

These look so good Tricia! I'm home with Logan today and he wants to make them! Can you take a picture of the recipe and send it to me?