Friday, July 2, 2010

Before and After





After spending at least 10 hours trying to pull the weeds and ivy out of our front and back yards, we decided to hire some landscapers to help us. Initially we had a grand plan to have the kids help us - we figured 5 people working could get the yard cleaned up in no time. Boy, was that not true! After 10 minutes of the kids helping with the ivy, Conner was miserable with his allergies, and I was scared I was going to cut them all with the cutting tool we were using. I thought if they could just pull the ivy back, I could cut it. The kids quickly volunteered to clean the whole house while Peter and I continued to do the yard work. After we worked so hard, it looked like we hadn't done anything! I am very grateful for landscapers - they definitely earn their pay. I was so grateful for their help that I kept bringing them food and drinks (coffee, banana bread, pizza, salad, cokes, and cookies) because I knew they were working so hard. They probably thought I was crazy! The 10 hours that Peter and I did gave me a new appreciation for people who do this type of labor all day, every day. Today I spent about 4 hours hauling barkdust, so we're now finished with the yard work. Now when Peter and I sit out on the deck enjoying our decaf coffee or splitting a cold beer, we can enjoy our yard and don't have to look at all the work that still needs to be done!

No comments: