Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Annoyance Turned into a Smile



I sometimes (actually, most of the time) feel annoyed when the kids leave their things laying around the house and don't bother to pick things up. Last night after the kids went to bed I was picking up and found Kelsey's dry-erase board, markers, and eraser laying on the floor downstairs. Feeling slightly irritated, I picked them up but then took a second to read the note on the board. The little message McKenzie wrote to Kelsey made me smile. McKenzie loves to write notes - she writes messages on the shower door and wrote a note in my calendar that I found one day when I was at work. She expresses herself best through writing and always has. This time I was happy that Kelsey left her board downstairs because it gave me a chance to read a sweet note and appreciate the things I love about the kids, rather than focusing on the things that can irritate me :)

No comments: