Sunday, October 17, 2010

16 Years!













Peter and I celebrated our 16 year anniversary on Friday! I really cannot believe that we have been married for that long - it amazes me how fast time goes by. I am so fortunate to be married to such a great person. Peter is such a faithful, devoted husband who always encourages and believes in me. I know it's a big job to put up with all my faults, but he has done an amazing job :) Of course we celebrated by eating, one of our very favorite things to do! We had plans to go out to dinner on Friday night, but the kids' schedules changed at the last minute so we had to wait until this morning to go out together. We decided to go out for brunch at Mother's Restaurant in downtown Portland. We left the house before the kids were awake - it's so great to have kids who are old enough to stay home by themselves! Peter and I had such a good time together, just spending time talking and hanging out. The food was delicious, and we bought enough to make it last all day! After eating our meal, we ordered a cinnamon roll and piece of carrot cake to go. We shared the cinnamon roll around lunch time and then ate the carrot cake after dinner. Since the cinnamon roll had nuts and raisins in it, and the carrot cake had carrots in it, we didn't have to share with the kids :)

No comments: