Monday, August 16, 2010



This week Conner is attending "Grammar Camp" at his new high school. I've heard of all kinds of summer camps but had never heard of a "grammar camp." I was looking through the information that he learned today and realize that I might need to sign up for a grammar camp :) I don't know half of what is in his book - sometimes I wonder why we spend so much time learning things that most people never need to use during their lifetime. I guess if someone is a contestant on Jeopardy it might be helpful to know what interrogative and demonstrative pronouns are. (Uh oh, is it okay to end a sentence with are?) It's a good thing that I work with preschoolers! Conner has a great attitude about the class. When I picked him up today he was happy and talkative. He met some new people and said that the teacher was really nice. So maybe "Grammar Camp" isn't so bad after all, even if he never needs to use what he learns in the real world!

No comments: