Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pure Happiness



















Last night was a very exciting night for Kelsey. She had four of her very best friends over to help her celebrate her birthday. We went bowling, came back to our house for pizza, went swimming, and then came home for cake and present opening. After six hours of non-stop fun, they all settled down to watch a movie and went to bed around midnight. This morning when I was doing my quiet time, I was thinking about the message we heard at church on Saturday night. The message was from Ephesians 5:15-17 "Be very careful, then, how you live,...making the most of every opportunity...understand what the Lord's will is..." I learned a lot just from watching a group of 5, 10-11 year old girls who obviously love life and find so much happiness in the little things. They all sang together in the car, laughed at each other's stories, screamed at the pool, and all got along so well. Several times Kelsey came over to me and hugged and kissed me because she was just SO happy. It is wonderful to see such pure joy on our kids' faces and makes me appreciate how these times in life are so special. On Saturday night we were encouraged to look for and appreciate these incredibly special moments that God gives us every day of our lives. I'm looking forward to seeing what is in store for today :)

No comments: