Sunday, August 1, 2010

Feeling Better




Kelsey perked up yesterday afternoon and is now feeling so much better. It was a little too late to join Peter and Conner at the beach, so we decided to hang out at home for the rest of the weekend. Peter sent me texts with pictures of a rabbit at the campground, pancakes on the grill, and Conner using his new skimboard. Kelsey baked cookies, and then we played some games. Kelsey and I love playing games together - our favorite right now is Uno. While Kelsey baked, I used some time to do some cleaning. Right now I'm on a "get rid of everything we don't need" kick, so I cleaned out our tv cabinet, baskets in the family room, desk drawers, and Conner's closet. As you can see, my job for today needs to be cleaning out the basket on the desk!! In cleaning out Conner's closet, we once again discovered "Sorry," one of our favorite games. Kelsey and I played Sorry while the cookies baked. While the girls watched a movie, I went on a walk with my sister-in-law, Amy Jo. It was so great to spend time with her and catch up on everything they had been doing so far this summer. I also went blueberry picking - I controlled myself and only picked 2 pounds of blueberries. I notice when I go berry picking that I have to force myself to walk away and not think that I have to stay and pick every ripe berry on every bush :) I miss having the guys around and appreciate more the chores that Peter usually takes care of when he's home (emptying the dishwasher, doing the dishes, taking out the garbage, watering the garden, watering the lawns). I watered the lawn and forgot to close the windows in the living room. I came down to a huge puddle of water on the living room floor and all over the window blinds. I'm really hoping that the floor doesn't swell up! They'll be home in a few hours, so our household will return to normal once again :)

No comments: