Monday, August 9, 2010

Epitome of Generosity


A few hours ago we returned from an amazing vacation to Eagle Crest. My parents treated 21 of us to 4 nights away at a beautiful resort. When I say "treated," I really mean treated. As I walked tonight during Kelsey's soccer practice, I kept thinking about how incredibly generous my parents are to us and how much they inspire me. I took over 600 pictures and definitely want to post a whole bunch of them, but the picture above seemed to capture the love, fun, and happiness that I felt during this weekend. Sure, we always have our little moments when things don't quite go the way we planned or hoped them to, but that's just life. Looking at all of the pictures, I am struck by what a blessing my parents are to all of us. All of the smiles, laughter, and special moments that are captured in the pictures are because of them. They could choose to keep their time and money to themselves, but they continually give, and in doing so, create special moments that won't be forgotten. There were so many of these special times this weekend, including my dad and I spending time together the first morning we were there. We both are very early risers and happen to "run" into each other while I was on a bike ride and while he was on a drive. He picked me up, we drove around for awhile, and he bought me a coffee. He told me how proud he was of me and our kids, words that really mean a lot to hear from my dad. I was also amazed by my mom - all of her 11 grandkids feel like they are her favorite - she makes each of them feel so incredibly special. I want to be like her - never complaining and loving with all she's got. She literally gives until it hurts - which reminds me of someone I read about in the Bible. I am grateful for Mary and I getting to spend time together at the top of a hill overlooking all of the mountains, for Peter and Sam being able to spend time walking and biking and just hanging out together, for the Rosson boys and Conner having so much fun with Grampa throwing them balls as they jumped into the pool, for going on a great bike ride at sunset with Peter, Jim, and Amy up a pretty good hill, for being able to sit back and enjoy watching all of the kids have an amazing time together. I felt like this vacation really made me appreciate all of their cuteness :) Conner, McKenzie, and Kelsey had SO MUCH FUN, and McKenzie said this was our best family vacation (next to Disneyland :). Words can't really express how grateful we feel, but we want to say "thank you," Mom and Dad, from the very bottom of our hearts.

1 comment:

Amy Guse said...

I second everything you said!!! We have the best parents ever!! We are so lucky!!