Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Extra Day off This Week!




We were all excited to wake up to news that there was no school or work yesterday! It is very rare that Portland does not get above freezing all day, but that was the forecast. With a little snow and plenty of ice on the streets, it was great to wake up and then go back to sleep. My goal was to stay in my pajamas all day, but Kelsey was too embarrassed to have me in my pajamas when friends were coming over :) The kids enjoyed their day off - McKenzie walked to Starbucks with a friend and then had a couple of friends over. Conner walked to his friend's house to play video games, and Peter and I walked Kelsey over to her friend Sami's house. Peter and I walked to a Mexican restaurant for lunch - it was nice having an unexpected lunch date! I have today off from work (a planned day off), and am hoping to do a little Christmas shopping. McKenzie isn't feeling very well, though, so I'm not yet sure if she'll be going to school. Conner is looking forward to going to Grandma's after school so that they can continue their tradition of baking pumpkin pies :)

No comments: