Monday, November 15, 2010

AMAZING 40th Birthday!











Thanks to my awesome family and friends, I had the most amazing 40th birthday. I cannot tell you how loved I felt by so many people, including my wonderful family in Wisconsin who sent me a great gift a couple weeks before my birthday. I definitely teared up several times over the past couple of days. My weekend started out by picking up my sister at her house for an overnight trip to Dundee. They told me to sit down on the couch and then proceeded to show me a beautiful video that my brother-in-law, Jim, my mom and sister made for me. They spent so much time on it - it made me cry!! Then we went shopping, and my parents bought me lots of great new clothes. We checked into a nice hotel in Dundee and had wine and cheese in a very cute restaurant. We had a pretty bad dinner at a brewery, but my dad and sister drove all the way out to McMinnville for dinner which made me feel extra special. We did our share of laughing over some very interesting topics :) My parents gave me a beautiful bracelet and a card that listed 40 reasons they love me. Of course, I cried again. The next morning we had a wonderful brunch which made up for the bad dinner :) The kids each wrote me a beautiful card and gave me gifts that they bought with their own money. Peter blew me away with his gift and very nice card. He put aside money and saved for over a year so that he could give me a very generous gift that I could spend any way I want, so I cried again! I am still completely in shock. We ended the evening with spending time with some of our friends at Rock Creek Tavern. I came home to more thoughtful gifts from the Rossons and my great friend Anita that were delivered to the door while I was gone. I am so grateful for everyone's generosity and love (including my other friends who delivered Starbucks cards and sent texts). I don't know what I would do without ALL of you!

No comments: