Friday, November 12, 2010

The End of a Chapter





Well, today is officially Peter's last day of work at Halton. On Wednesday night we went to Mr. Halton's home for a wonderful goodbye dinner. Before we ate, Mr. Halton gave a toast to Peter and three of his coworkers in appreciation of all the hard work they have done to close down the company. I was emotional listening to an 80-year old man say goodbye to a business that had been in his family for many, many years. In addition to Ted's toast, Peter's boss also shared about each of the employees that stuck it out to the very end. Throughout the evening, it was so neat to see and hear how appreciative everyone was of Peter's hard work. Yesterday the new company (Peterson Caterpillar) had a big potluck to send off the last few remaining Halton employees. A few of Peter's former coworkers, including his friend Beth, also came back for the party.

So now our family begins a new journey. I started my day off with this scripture: "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts...and lead me in the way everlasting." I know that this will be a time for me to grow in my trust and faith that God always provides. I'm praying that Peter will find a job that pays at least as much as he was making at Halton and that he finds a job that he really enjoys. If you feel like saying a little prayer for us, too, we'd appreciate it :)

No comments: