Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Baking with Alex





Today Alex and I got to spend some special time together. While Kelsey and Sara were playing upstairs, Alex and I made cookies together. He was absolutely adorable. He was very excited to help and made some of the cutest comments. I kept telling him what a great helper he was, and he said, "If you ever need help cooking, just call me. I'm good." After we were done using the mixer, he started inspecting the mixer, trying to figure out what the parts were for. He asked if he could unscrew part of it (I said yes), and then he asked for a flashlight so that he could see inside of the mixer. He then took apart the flashlight. He put everything back together without any help - he definitely takes after his dad! I have never had a cookie baking experience quite like the one we had today. Every once in awhile he would just gently hold my arm and give me a kiss. He made my day :) After we were done baking, he started cleaning the counters. After he had cleaned the counters, he cleaned the floor, and then asked if he could clean the windows. He was a great help! Kelsey and Sara came down just in time to lick the bowl!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I could have seen that. Of course if I was there he may not have been so good ;) I love that little boy!