Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas Part 1 - Cookie Exchange









Merry Christmas, everyone!  I'm a little behind in our Christmas blogging, so here is part one.  We loved having everyone over for our annual cookie exchange on Saturday!  It's an annual tradition that all the girls in our family get together for cookie exchanging, white elephant gifting, and lots of talking and eating :).  A few minutes before the party started, I asked McKenzie to taste the broccoli cheddar soup Peter and I made - only to find out that she said the texture was horrible...Given that was the main dish I was serving for our party, I had to do a last minute scramble to try to find an immersion blender to make the soup a little smoother.  After going to a few neighbors' houses to try to borrow one with no luck, my dad brought one over from their house - thanks, Dad!  The soup eventually turned out to be tasty.  This year it was special to have Matt's fiance, Lorena, and her mom join us since they will be part of the family very soon.  We definitely missed Fawn, Mia, and baby Emma.  Given that Emma was only 3 days old, we understood why they weren't quite ready to travel to Portland!  We had such a wonderful time together - I look forward to it every year!

No comments: