Saturday, December 8, 2012

Conner got his license!!


We have a new driver in the house!  Peter picked Conner up early from school yesterday to go take his driver's test.  He passed with flying colors!  He said that he was very nervous, but the DMV lady made him feel very comfortable.  In the morning, I wrote out my prayer so that I could talk to God and one day look back on a huge milestone in his life.  I love reading my prayers years later to remember special and even difficult times.  Conner's first outing was taking Kelsey to McDonald's and to Sami's house for a sleepover.  They left from Grandma and Grandpa's house, and I gasped as I thought he was going to back into Aunt Amy's car!  We stood in the driveway and watched them drive away - it was exciting, scary, and sad (all at the same time)!  It's so hard to believe that Conner is old enough to drive and take on such a huge responsibility.  Peter and I already started worrying when they weren't home by the time that we thought they should be - turns out they got a little lost :).  I started listening for every car driving up our street, wondering if they were home and was relieved when I heard the garage door open.  It will be the first of many nights, I'm sure, when we will wonder and pray that he is safe!

No comments: