Saturday, August 25, 2012

Happy 12th Birthday, Kelsey!











Dear Kelsey,
Twelve years (and two days) ago, you were born. I will never forget that day as long as I live. I was at the park with Conner and McKenzie and felt like I was starting to go into labor, 3 1/2 weeks before your due date. I came home and cleaned the house, so that it wouldn't be a mess when we got home from the hospital....pretty silly, but true. I drove up to the hospital, not knowing for sure whether I was really in labor. They told me I was, so I called Dad at work to let him know that it was time for you to be born. Your labor was a breeze. As we waited for you to be born, I remember how excited we were to find out if you were going to be a boy or a girl. We were thrilled to find out that you were a girl! It has been such a joy to watch you grow up. You are a very sensitive, compassionate, kind, hilarious, adventurous, and thoughtful person. You enjoy giving to others, you think about what other people like, you struggle to do what you know is right, you are honest and open with your challenges, you want to rely on God for help, you have a beautiful smile and laugh, you love soccer, you love to play games, you love to be with your friends, you love Toms, you love popcorn with tons of butter, you love being with your sister, you adore your grandparents, you love Instagram, you love taking pictures, you work hard, you hate to clean your room, you love making pancakes and cupcakes, and you make our family complete. We love you, Kelsey!

No comments: