Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!












We celebrated Valentines Day today by making heart shaped pizzas and exchanging some little treats. I went to a great training today for my job, and we learned about laughter, dealing with stress, etc. When I got home, I everyone my new clown nose I got from the workshop. I did some laughter exercises with them that I learned, and I also did a magic trick. The kids thought I completely went off the deep end which was pretty funny. I was also taking lots of pictures, which I haven't done in a very long time. It was a fun night (for me, anyway :).

This was the first year, though, since we've had kids in school that they didn't bring Valentine cards for all of their classmates! It was great to not have to buy lots of candy and write out lots of Valentines, but it was sad to know that they have outgrown this. Instead, Conner brought cookies to his girlfriend...The funny thing is that he gave her one of the cookies from his lunch, and she didn't really like them. So he decided not to give her the bag of cookies in his backpack that he had brought for her Valentines gift :). He told her that he ran out of time to make her chocolate chip cookies (and later told her that he really did have a bag of triple chocolate cookies that he didn't give her because she didn't really like them). So tonight he made her some that she will like, and he also drove to Starbucks to get her a gift card (he's actually driving on real streets now - yikes!!). Kenz got a special note from Evan, and Kelsey got a treat from her great friend at school. We stopped by Gram and Gramp's to give them their gift and also received some treats from them :). I ended the night going to my meditation class and then watching the Blazers lose :(. I am going to bed with a happy heart, knowing how fortunate we are to feel so loved.

No comments: