Tuesday, September 7, 2010

3 Kids, 3 Schools





All three kids have left for school this morning, and I'm always sentimental on the first day. This first day was different than all the others for a few reasons. Conner started high school, McKenzie is going to school for the first time without a brother or sister, and this is the last time I will send a child off to elementary school! Conner left first at 7:10, kissing and hugging both of his sisters :). I took Kelsey to school at 8:15, and McKenzie left on the bus at 8:40. They all did wonderfully - they were nervous, but also excited.

I made sure to wake up early today to be able to have my quiet time and pray before starting off our school year. I can sometimes feel anxious about having so many different schedules to keep track of, practices to go to, working full time, etc. That's why I have to do my quiet time in the morning, or I would be a complete mess :) Our message at church on Sunday was Psalm 127 which says, "Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain." Our pastor encouraged us to substitute whatever we do for "building the house" to help us to see that whatever we do without God leading us, it leaves us empty. So for the past few days, I've been thinking, "Unless the Lord helps me do all the driving this week, I do it in vain," Unless the Lord helps me clean and cook, I do it in vain," etc. This has helped me so much the past couple of days and gives me a fresh perspective on the things I do day in and day out. So this morning I got down on my knees and asked God to really lead me this morning as I woke up the kids, made them breakfast, and took them to where they needed to go. We had a great morning and all went smoothly. A couple friends and I are celebrating "Back to School" by going out for lunch and getting pedicures. I can't wait to hear how they all did today!

No comments: