Wednesday, June 2, 2010

One of my Favorite Things


At work today I met a very nice family during a home visit. Right when the speech pathologist and I entered their home, the child's parents greeted us so happily and warmly. I absolutely love working with the Hispanic community, as they are typically very grateful, friendly, and eager to help their children. After spending time with this family of the almost 2 year-old boy who hasn't started talking, they gave me the most beautiful flowers. They repeatedly expressed their gratitude for our ideas and time. I am continually amazed by the families who always offer me something, when they appear to have so little. I'll always remember one visit at a migrant camp (with 8 people living in a small room), the family turned over buckets for us to sit on and gave us Cokes and corn on the cob. We sat and ate with them while chickens ran around next to us!

No comments: