Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve





We had a pretty mellow New Year's Eve yesterday. The kids slept in very late (Kelsey woke up at 10:15), and Peter and I decided to try out another coffee shop while the kids lounged around at home. We were a little disappointed in the coffee shop but enjoyed walking around the Pearl District, even in the pouring rain. One of my favorite stores is Anthropologie. They have the most creative displays and fun things to look at. I decided we needed some new bowls since we only had five. The kids' favorite after school snack is ice cream, so the bowls are usually gone by dinner time. I chose one bowl of each color. It's funny how 8 colorful bowls makes me feel happy. Peter made an excellent steak and baked potato dinner. I tried making cooked carrots with feta cheese and balsamic vinegar which was very unsuccessful. It smelled so bad that I had to rinse everything off the carrots. I attempted to eat them because one of my New Year's resolutions is to eat more vegetables. I guess it wasn't the new year yet, so I could have just thrown them away! Our friends came over for New Year's, and 8 of us played Apples to Apples, and then the parents played Phase 10, a very fun game that takes a long time to play - perfect for New Year's when everyone is trying to stay awake. We all took our last walk of 2009 around the neighborhood to make sure that we didn't fall asleep before 12:00. Conner was invited to a sleepover with 6 other boys in the neighborhood, so he didn't have to be home with all the girls! McKenzie and Kelsey are still sleeping, and it's 10:45! Hopefully they'll wake up in time for the Rose Bowl game.

No comments: