Sunday, February 22, 2009

Women's Retreat at Cannon Beach





I was forunate to be able to spend two nights in Cannon Beach at a women's retreat with two of my very good friends. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to go because the kids were sick almost all week, but I'm so glad I went. The theme of the weekend was "Satisfy My Thirsty Soul," and I have to say that my soul is more than satisfied. I learned more about how to truly love God, and how He is there to help me during my most vulnerable times. I came away with stronger convictions about how to love Peter and the kids, so I am incredibly grateful. It is comforting being with people who have a lot of the same struggles I do. It helps me to not feel alone in my weaknesses. I know my friends so much better now - it's funny how sharing the deepest things about our lives brings us so much closer. We also had fun going on long walks, shopping, talking, crying, eating delicious food both at the retreat center and at restaurants, and drinking some great wine (I did knock the bottle of wine off the table that my friend had just bought at the Cannon Beach Cooking school, though...)! This morning at the end of the retreat there was a beautiful rainbow across the ocean. By the time I was able to get my camera, it had almost disappeared. You might be able to see a little glimpse of it. This was our view from the giant window where our sessions were held. The whole time we were able to listen to encouraging messages, sing, and look out at the beach. I'm already looking forward to next year's retreat and will bring along anyone else who wants to come :)

No comments: