Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Beautiful Day at the Beach







Every once in awhile I feel a need to spend some extra quality time alone with God. One of my very favorite places to do this is at the beach. Spending time at the beach helps me to clear my mind, be free from distractions, and connect more easily with God. Today was absolutely amazing at the coast. It was very sunny, and there was no wind whatsoever. There was a light layer of fog that made Haystack Rock look even more beautiful. I usually spend hours sitting inside the lobby at the Stephanie Inn. When I drove up to it today, I was surprised to see that it was closed for repairs/remodeling. It turned out fine, though, since the weather was so amazing. I didn't even need to wear a coat. I walked for a couple of miles on the beach and then sat on a cozy chair on the grass of the Ocean Lodge. I listened to the waves crashing, as I studied about how God wants me to use my words to encourage people rather than tear them down. I drove home feeling very refreshed and re-energized.

1 comment:

M Wehr said...

Thoughtful and wonderful words Tricia - thank you for reminding me of this and putting it so simply.

Margaret