Monday, January 30, 2012

A Father/Son Moment



On Saturday Conner and McKenzie have homecoming at their school. I thought we were all ready for the event (except for getting McKenzie's shoes), and then Conner informed me yesterday that he needed a new shirt and tie. I guess his date wants his tie to match the color of her shoes, and she suggested a black shirt rather than a white shirt. I had completely assumed that he would wear the same thing he wore last year except for a different tie that we had borrowed from my dad. Little did I know until yesterday afternoon that wasn't going to be the plan. Since we had to look for some shoes for McKenzie, Conner came along. We easily found a shirt and tie for him but could not find any shoes for McKenzie. She feels very uncomfortable in high heels, so she decided that she wants to wear black, sparkly Toms......They didn't have any at both stores we went to yesterday, so we'll be doing a bit more shopping this week. When we got home Conner tried on his new clothes, and Peter helped him with his tie. I loved watching Peter help Conner, and I love the smiles on their faces.

P.S. A little update on my health...my doctor really thinks that my symptoms are related to anxiety. She wants me to tell myself for three months that I am healthy and see how my body responds. I'm really trying to do this, but it's hard. I'm trying massage once a week for 4-5 weeks, am going to a chiropractor, continuing to do yoga, and will probably start going to someone to talk about my anxiety. That's all for now :)

No comments: