Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!


Today is one of my very favorite days of the year - I love Thanksgiving. I love getting up early, lighting candles, turning on piano music, reading my Bible, drinking delicious coffee, and then making a list of 100 things that I'm thankful for. This morning the sun was brightly shining through a break in the clouds - it was beautiful. I am thankful for so many things this year, and I'm reminded each morning by a little saying on our mantle to try not to take things for granted. Here are a few things on my list...My relationship with God, having Peter as a faithful husband, the kids saying they love each other, my amazing parents, going on walks with Peter and my friends, having money to buy groceries each week, coffee shops, having healthy kids who are able to play sports, playing games with Mary, watching cooking shows and taking cooking classes, hanging out with Amy, Starbucks mugs, farmers markets, cooking with my preschoolers every week, apologies, laughing with my dad, being able to send our kids to Westside, going to family camp each summer with our great friends, taking trips to Wisconsin to see our family, having a washer and dryer and heat for our house (many of the families I work with don't have these...), journals, family trips at Easter time, girls' getaways, family dinners, our kids' friends, cousins, prayer, etc., etc., etc. I'm looking forward to a relaxing day with family, having the Hearings over for some game time and then going over to the Guses who are hosting our big Thanksgiving dinner. We are truly blessed!

No comments: