Thursday, March 3, 2011

God is so good!


Wow - what a day we had today! On Monday I received a call from my doctor's office that they found "an area of concern" on my mammogram and needed to schedule me for a follow up "diagnostic" appointment. When I asked the person on the phone what the concern was, they told me that the radiologist and technician would talk to me about it at the appointment. They said that they would be doing another mammogram and possibly an ultrasound. It didn't sound good so I was pretty worried. I tried praying, reading my Bible, and listening to inspirational music, but I felt pretty numb. This morning, I read Psalm 46 that said, "God is my strength and my refuge, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore, I will not fear...." It was exactly what I needed to read. Peter and my mom went with me to my appointment at 9:00. I was so grateful to have them there. The technician did the mammogram, and results should no indication of any cancer. I guess it was so obvious that nothing was wrong that I never even saw the radiologist! Needless to say, we were extremely relieved and very, very happy! We were out of the hospital within 20-25 minutes. It's amazing how just a few hours earlier, I had no idea whether they would find absolutely nothing or find cancer. Tonight I feel like I've been given a special gift of appreciating things a little more and not being bothered by "the little things." Hopefully, I won't quickly forget these lessons. To top off the good news about my health, Peter got a call from United Way who offered him a position with their agency! This was his first interview since being out of work and got offered a position after only having one interview! He will let them know tomorrow whether he will accept the position, as he wants to negotiate salary a little bit. So, that was our day today. We are all grateful and thankful and go to bed tonight with very happy hearts :)

No comments: