Monday, January 31, 2011

Sewing Business




Kelsey and her cousin, Sara, have started their own sewing business called "Cousins Needle and Thread." They have their first official customer (Grandma, of course) who has paid them to make 21 bandanas and 2 tablecloths for our upcoming "game day" at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Grandma and Grandpa helped them start their business by buying them lots and lots of fabric (along with the sewing machine that they gave Kelsey for Christmas)! Sara spent the night last weekend so that they could get to work on their order. They were very cute as they worked hard to get quite a bit of sewing done. They have chosen fabric for each of our 21 family members. Kelsey has also made our family some cloth napkins (I still need to pay for them, oops)! The girls have their own e-mail address, a list of contacts, and a price list. Kelsey reminds me of when I was younger and my friend and I ran a childcare "business" in our home. Once again, my parents paid for everything we needed for the business, but I earned all the money!

No comments: